Old 20-12-2003, 08:43 AM
gregpresley

Default Extreme left-wing kookiness (was Self-Suffiency Acreage Requirements)

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message
hlink.net...
gregpresley wrote:

I'm sorry if I missed your science/biology/nutrition credentials in this
discussion,

Not relevant to a discussion of the author's blatant
poltical bias, which shows up not only in the book in
question but throughout her other books and her
institutional affiliations.

We were discussing her conclusion, based on copious scientific research,
that a diet without meat can satisfy the essential nutritional requirements,
and since she did NOT advocate a VEGAN diet which avoids milk and eggs, but
instead included them, every nutrient is completely covered by her diet.
Bob Petersen attacked her as a left-wing kook and you fell right in line,
without ever addressing that conclusion. A little problem with reading
comprehension here, I fear....since her politics are not at all germane to
her conclusion, in spite of your blathering unsupported comments. There is
NO scientific research that contradicts her conclusion, which, however, you
were too lazy to discover on your own.

as well as those of your cohorts

Misuse of the word "cohort", reflecting your appalling
ignorance.

Cohort: n. 2. A band or group 3. A companion or follower

When two people spout virtually the same nonsense or end up echoing one
another's arguments in close succession on the internet, they can easily be
said to be members of a cohort, and when others join in with similar
philosophies but direct their responses to unrelated elements of the thread,
they can said to be in a cohort as well. That cohort will, of necessity, be
a different one, but one person can be a member of more than one, just as I
may be a member of the opera orchestra and a member of a rock band. In this
case, there are a number of cohorts in which your views give you membership
participating in this thread.
Perhaps
you'd care to share? Otherwise, I'll be forced to disregard everything

you
write, as meaningless drivel coming out of a well of ignorance.

So: you're happy to indicate that you are a raging,
dogmatic leftist, too.

I'm happy that your failure to supply credentials indicated a lack of same
which might give you any credibility, so that I can abandon this thread to
you, secure in the knowledge that you have nothing of value to say.