Old 20-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default Wood chips use?

In article m, Hazell
B writes
If the trees were dying due to something that could spread, the tip has
to be the best place for them.

No the larger conifer was dying because I was trying to kill it, the
smaller was dying because it was too dry in that place. The cherry was
about 60 years old, directly above drains and on my border between my
house and next door in the front garden. It has never recovered since
they laid cables in the road about four years ago and ever year it got
less and less leaves. Expert advice etc seemed to say that I get it done
now or wait for it to fall on the cars or next door or on the house!..

Composting sounds good. I've often wondered if the pH of compost would
alter much with the type of tree added (we clip conifers for people and
I don't really know what it would do to my pH) so some follow-up from
you would help me out ..... please!

We have alkaline soil so I don't mind the odd acid stuff, the garden
isn't huge but could accommodate the conifer Chipping's fairly easily.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph