Old 21-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default kitchen bay problem

In article ,
Ros Butt wrote:
I have a kitchen bay leaf planted in a container, about three years old,
and over the last few months I have noticed that the leaves are becoming
very pale. I gave it some liquid general purpose feed a while back, but
there was no improvement. I wondered if it needed potting on to a larger
pot? If so - when to do this. Any advice/suggestions gratefully received.

Are you keeping it indoors? If so, it will continue to grow, and there
is no light. So don't worry about it. Repot in spring. It is fairly
hardy and is generally better outdoors, except in very cold winters (or
normal ones for the colder parts of the country).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.