Old 22-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Stinky Adventure (ginkgo seeds found)

I have been using the grow and chop method on much of
my bonsai stock. (actually ignore and restore)

Hee- I like that. For ginkgos, I actually think clip and grow is the way to go: they don't wire well, you tend to want to keep them in clump style anyway, and you want to style *as* the tree grows, because ginkgos don't heal well with big cuts, but removi
ng the apical meristem leaves no scar at all. The only problem with my ginkgo-from-seed is that it has huge floppy leaves; it only looks reasonable in early spring as the leaves are unfurling. I have a cultivar with small leaves that is more convincing
for the rest of the year.

Nina Shishkoff

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --