Old 28-01-2003, 05:08 AM
solo_voyager

Default Dend. anosmum and superbum ??

Hi Damien:
I've seen where some think D. superbum is a subspecies of D. anosmum,
but the general consensus seems to be that they are one and the same,
similar to D. aphyllum = pierardii, D. dalhousieanum = pulchellum and
the list can go on.

D. anosmums come from a wide variety of habitats but in general they
do require a mildly drier cooler winter rest. Supposedly, winter night
temps going below 60*F can inhibit blossom formation for some,
probably those that originate from warmer low altitude habitats. My 4
plants (2 mature & 2 juvinal) do very well at normal year round
household temperatures with moderately drier winter conditions.
S V

"Damien Schaeffer" wrote in message ...
hello,

what's the diffrence between this 2 species of dendrobium : anosmum &
superbum ?
Wich are there culture conditions ?

Thanks

Damien