Old 30-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Marcus Fox

Default Lighting requirements...

I have a 2 cu ft aquarium (15G), with some java moss and bacopa monieri
which I bought online and some plant I got from the LFS which isn't doing
well. Other plants are doing OK. Current lighting is provided by a 15W 18"
tropical tube and Arcadia controller. I was unable to affix the tube inside
the hood (as in couldn't be bothered to get the clips and still haven't
gotten round to it), and so it rests on the condensation tray. After reading
many of the posts here, it is clear I need more lighting. Could I just add
another 15W tube and Arcadia controller? I was planning to affix the current
tube to the inside of the hood at some point, but with two tubes, there will
be no room to affix both in the designated place, so will have to be affixed
inside in another way - will it matter if they're too close? Best and
cheapest way to increase the lighting? Suggestions please.

Marcus