Old 30-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Harry Muscle

Default "Bits of Walnut" gravel ... does it affect water chemistry? OK for planted tank?

I'm thinking of using "Big Al's Natural Bits of Walnut" gravel to mix 50/50
with fluorite for my planted tank. I'm curious though if anyone knows if
this stuff affects water chemistry. I can't find this stuff in store, only
online, so I'm wondering if anyone know if this stuff is very similar in
size and looks to "Estes Bits of Walnut/Natural Walnut"? Do you think it's
a good grain size for a planted tank? Any input is appreciated as to
whether I should use this stuff or not.

Thanks,
Harry