Old 04-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Moontanman

Default Types (or brands) of Sand in Freshwater aquarium

Jim all sand contains silica dust, silica is what sand is made of. I use
regular building sand either from Lowes or Home Depot but if you need a lot of
it you might have a local outlet where they sell rocks and gravel, if so they
should also have building sand in larger quanities. the dust in sand settle out
in water and is only dangerous when the sand is dry and being sprayed like for
sand blasting.You would have to breath sand blasting dust for years to have a
probelm. Play sand is good too and usually the same as building sand but
cleaner.

remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me