Old 04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Steve

Default Why does store bought spinach include so much mud

My wife buys sealed bags of fresh spinach at the store. We have it all
the time. It always looks clean enough to eat right out of the bag.
I've often noticed how clean it is and wondered if it might be grown
hydroponically.

Steve

hort-4 wrote:

I can't grow spinach. Snails are a problem. I live in long dry season area.
And doesn't spinach prefers northern latitudes? Cool with long days?

So, if I grew spinach I might know the answer to this:
Why does store bought spinach include so much mud?
Also, I notice the mud usually has some sand content.