Old 06-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Dunter Powries

Default my plants stop pearling after replacing the bulbs with azoo coral blue light

nitrate 0 wrote in message
I never tested my water perimeter but I consider I am not off track when I
saw my plants keep on pearling after several hours when the light on

daily.

Trying to improve the condition, I bought Azoo coral blue light to replace
my existing bulbs, ordinary shoplight Philips TLD. My idea, if the light
works well with coral then it should be worked even better with plants.

To my frustration, my plants stopped from produce any bubble. I do not

feel
lack of co2 is the problem. My co2 injection is constant 2-3 bubble per
second or in other word just like before I change the bulbs. I also
fertilised the plants like what I did previously.

Am I making a big and silly mistake by changing the bulb ? But the blue
light give more pleasant looking.

Coral blue is the wrong spectrum for plants. Look for a bulb with
temperature between about 5300° and 6700°. It will appear much more
'yellow.'