Old 06-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Reka

Default semi-hydro pots

I have a few Catt family orchids in this type of arrangement. They tend to
dry out faster that way, which is what I intended. I haven't seen any
disadvantage, other than the fact that my hard water leaves deposits on the
clay pots. RO water is not an option for me, unfortunately! :-(
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"bb" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I like to use clay post just 'cause I like the look of clay.

I've been wondering about going semi-hyro with some of my plants.
I've switched a lot of my plants to a mix of primarily expanded clay
pellets with so far, so good results.

Would I achieve the same results if I set my clay pots into deep pot
saucers that would hold a reservoir of water as I would using the
plastic posts designed to hold the water?

bb

---