Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Ray

Default semi-hydro pots

You may also find that the clay pots - courtesy of the higher evaporation
rate and associated evaporative cooling - will allow you to grow cool-loving
species that you formerly couldn't.

The corollary to that being that your warmth lovers may not like it.

"bb" wrote in message
I like to use clay post just 'cause I like the look of clay.

I've been wondering about going semi-hyro with some of my plants.
I've switched a lot of my plants to a mix of primarily expanded clay
pellets with so far, so good results.

Would I achieve the same results if I set my clay pots into deep pot
saucers that would hold a reservoir of water as I would using the
plastic posts designed to hold the water?

bb