Old 07-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Dan Drake

Default my plants stop pearling after replacing the bulbs with azoo coral blue light

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:44:29 UTC, "nitrate 0" wrote:

I think I should agree with you. I replaced the azoo bulbs with my old bulbs
and the plants started to pearl again.

I just wasting my money . Maybe I should ask first before doing any
experiment.

"Carlos" wrote in message
wrong spectrum, try 6700 K, i have two and the plants are very beautiful.
blue light is to mimmic deep ocean water, like most corals like, plants

dont
grow very deep they are acustomed to another spectrum, 5000-6700K. too

much
blue light can increase algae growth.

A good thing to remember: the surface of the Sun is at about 5500 K. The
lights don't exactly mimic that spectrum, but a _much_ higher (bluer)
number indicates light quite unlike anything a fresh-water plant sees in
nature.

--
Dan Drake

http://www.dandrake.com