Old 11-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default Transplanting a holly bush

In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes

I potted one of about 3' 6" into an 18" planter during September 2002
and it is still doing well. It lost no leaves and showed no sign of
stress, but I did keep it well watered.

It had been planted (probably) by birds in an awkward position, so it
had a choice....

If it's the common or garden type of holly as opposed to a variegated
special one, then look round the base of the tree, I have loads of
little holly trees growing in one bed at the base of my trees and you
could pot up a few seedlings juts in case the holly transplant doesn't
work. I'll even send you one or two if you are desperate!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph