Old 30-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Caren

Default Zygopetalum mackayi bloom time?

Susan Erickson wrote in message . ..

If you bloomed it once I would expect you to be able to bloom it
again. A few plants will bloom just before dying. But this does
not sound like a dying plant. Yes, Zygos have a fairly short
bloom time. It can be extended if the plant has several spikes
and does not open the flowers all the same day. As the plant gets
larger you will get leads going off other locations and multiple
spikes. As much as I love the exotic look and the heavy perfume,
the perfume wears on my allergies and I are happy the blooms do
not last.

That heavy perfume is part of what makes this orchid so attractive to
me. I've never grown a scented orchid before but I think I may buy a
couple more because it was so nice to walk into the room and smell
orchids.

--
Caren