Old 14-01-2004, 01:42 AM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] Now collectors are egotistical??

Collectors collect nice things because of ego (they want to be
seen by people to whom they show the collection as a person who
has good taste)

This is one of the more condescending things I've seen you post Jim. No
doubt there are rare collectors of fine art who use their collections as
manifestations of their ego; I've never met one though. Most collectors I
know either collect fine art because they like the genre or specific artist,
or as monetary investments.

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++