Old 15-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Itanda Joni

Default [IBC] New USDA map 2

No more "a" & "b" and a map I can READ! Now I'm a Zone 7! WEEEEE! I
can actually tell where I am! Nice map!

Thanks!

On 14 Jan 2004 20:45:14 -0800, (Roger Snipes)
wrote:

I note that the new climate zone map has put Spokane, Washington solidly in
Zone 6 (formerly Zone 5), along with most all of Eastern and Central
Washington north to the Canadian border. Now, just last week during the
cold spell, our official low in Spokane was somewhere around -19 or -20
degrees F., and Deer Park, about 20 miles to the north of us, was down to at
least -25 F. I'm sure that those people just to the north of us will be
comforted to know that they are now in Zone 6, and can expect a maximum low
of -10 F.

It seems to me that the USDA is not only getting a bit hasty in deciding
that all these areas that they have moved into warmer zones aren't going to
get as cold anymore as they historically have, just because things have been
a bit warmer for the last 10 or 15 years, but they seemingly have not even
done that much research on the temperatures that can be expected in any
given location. I wonder if other areas of the country have been similarly
sloppily classified.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)