Old 30-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Caren

Default Zygopetalum mackayi bloom time?

Wendy wrote:

Hi Caren, I grow my zygo's with my cymbidiums outside (zone 9/10?) They like
the night time coolness & morning sun (have shade cloth for the heat of the
day). I love their fragrance too & bring them in when blooming, near a
window for fresh air. Glad I am not allergic to orchids fragrances. I would
guess bloom time to be about 3wks.
Cheers Wendy

Oh, to have orchids outside year around! Unfortunately I'm in zone 5, was five
below the other day and I've probably lost my rosemary, the asters, and a
couple of roses this winter. I do keep the orchids outside in the light shade
of a pin oak during the summer. They seem to appreciate it.

--
Caren