Old 18-01-2004, 07:05 PM
alex crouvier

Default Glosso turns dark and translucent: Calcium deficient?

I have planted Glosso on my 15 gallon tank, gH 3, ph 6.6, temp 26C, nitrate
0 for 3 weeks now. They spread nicely with the addition of CO2 and 70 watt
of fluoroscent light. Just a few days ago, I saw some of my glosso leaves
turning dark and almost translucent. This probably constitutes less than 5%
of all but this is strange as my other plants, Eustralis S., Hemianthus M,
Hottonia are doing well and displaying deep green glow. I use base fertz,
laterite, and Dennerle quartz. I added K fertz from Seachem and
iron/manganese every 3 days...So what gives?