Old 23-01-2004, 04:04 AM
tbell

Default Light fixture and humidity!

Claude -
Unless you mist the area heavily, probably not. I have my shoplight
fixture on open, coated steel wire shelves, and have surrounded three sides
of the shelves with plastic drop cloths, mostly to keep from soaking the
wall when I do mist. After several years, no rust.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

From: "Claude"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:11:39 -0500
Subject: Light fixture and humidity!

Hello everyone!

I`m planning to get fluorescent fixture ( 4 feet long ) to put over my
shelving unit. Also, I would like to cover the shelving unit with plastic to
increase the humidity level.
Question: Should I be concern about humidity and electric fixture and rust?
I will add some fan to create an air movement but I `m concern about the
possibility of rusting ?

Thanks

Claude