Old 23-01-2004, 04:33 PM
C-FYMP

Default Experience with SeaChem Acid Buffer & Alkaline Buffer

"Dan Drake" wrote in message

snip

Do you really check both pH and KH in the pool? And what values do you get
a few days after you add the proper additives to the pool?

Putting things together now from what I've been told and what I know or
ought to know I can clarify and summarise:

While we do measure pH, kH and gH (as well as other parameters) in pool
waters, we do not aim for acidic water in our smimming pools. In fact,
swimming pools have a recommended pH range of 7.4-7.8, alkalinity in the
range of 100-120 ppm (6 - 7 dkH) and hardness in the range of 200-350 ppm
(10-20 dH). I guess this is not impossible to achieve.

My problem (and fault) was that I was trying to achieve acidic conditions
while wanting a buffer. Your comments refreshed my memory quite nicely.

Thanks a million Dan.