Old 24-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Alan

Default Boundary Shrubs, suggestions please.

Try hawthorns - best for repelling intruders, and not unattractive.

Alan
"Swoop" wrote in message
Hi

I will hopefully soon be moving to a new house with nice south facing
views from the rear garden. Outside the boundary the ground slopes
seeply down a 10 ft bank to a public footpath below. For some reason
the builders have placed the boundary fence approx. 3 feet back from
the start of the slope, so I have thoughts of secretly planting some
shrubs along this 3ft strip ouside my boundary fence,

a. To secretly extend my garden.
b. To discourage any intruders from the footpath climbing the slope.

However I don't want it to look too obvious that I have planted them
there or want them to grow too high to obstruct the view.

Any suggestions ?.

TIA

Swoop