Old 26-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Kae Verens

Default Where are the permies ?

Ute Bohnsack wrote:
Hi Kirsty,
it's not quite dead. Len has never given up (good on you!) but a lot of
the regulars have vanished, alright. Well it's good to see new folks
comin' in!
I really enjoyed looking through your site. Looks fabulous! Makes me
long for warmer climes (I'm in Ireland).
Have you checked out our (as in the group's) website
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture-online/index.html ?

I'm new here as well, and co-incidentally, also in Ireland (Monaghan).

I am in my second year of gardening, and am using a raised bed system.

I am very interested in permaculture, but find it very difficult to start. My garden is only half usable, and I am having trouble figuring out what to do with the other half - it's mostly rock and gravel; very difficult to work with.
I'm thinking that what I need to do is to gradually spread the good soil into the bad part of the garden as it grows (compost and wood ash is added regularly).

I had some chickens last year, but they mostly got run over by cars and tractors, or eaten by my dogs. I won't be trying that again until I have a secure area for them.

Kae