Old 26-01-2004, 06:08 PM
J. Del Col

Default Lecture on growing Apricots in cold climates

RWL wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 05:24:50 GMT, Sherwin Dubren
wrote:

Anyone interested in how to grow Apricots in zones 4 & 5 might be
interested in attending a lecture on that topic by a Master Gardener

I live in PA at the junctions of zones 5 &6 and I've got an apricot
tree that's been growing well here and thrives on benign neglect. It
was called a Manchurian apricot and came from one of the nurseries as
a bonus a number of years ago.

The Manchurian apricots are one way to go.

I have Hungarian Rose and Moonglow(I think) here in Philippi, WV.
USDA 6( or 5, depending on what side of the hill you are on)

Last year I had the best crop ever, maybe a dozen fruit per tree.
Most years the fruit is killed by late frosts.

J. Del Col