Old 29-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Gail Futoran

Default New bushes from Home Depot

"Me" wrote in message
I bought some new Armstrong roses from Home Depot one week

ago. I won't be
able to plant them for a few weeks.

With the way they are packaged..
Will they be ok?
Should I return them and buy later?
Can I store them outside/inside so they stay healthy?

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

How are they packaged? I've seen roses from the same
supplier packaged in different ways offered by the same
store. That includes Home Depot. Some roses are in large
pots and can stay that way for a year or more. Well, ok,
maybe not fast growing climbers. So next question: What
kind of roses?

Some are packaged in teensy containers (e.g. cardboard
boxes) that might not be the best environment for the roots
for very long. So the container could make a difference.

Where are you? If you're where temps are freezing, outside
might not be such a good idea, especially if the roses are
showing any growth. Are they? Showing any growth, that is.

Lots of questions, I know, but the additional information is
helpful to know what advice to give.

Gail