Old 02-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Ricky

Default Norfolk Island Pine

"Tuletess" wrote in message
Have planted this 6' tree in the ground & it appears to be doing well by

the
side of my house in shade. In a recent storm, it blew over, but did not

snap
off. Qestion: can I cut the tree back a few feet & expect it to put out

new
growth, or will this kill it? It's possible that I can stake it to the

nearby
fence.

The Norfolk Island Pine will grow to a height of from 75' to 150' depending
on where you live. Keep that in mind. You can stake it so that a storm won't
keep blowing it over while the roots establish. If you cut it back you will
get new growth and possibly multiple leads from that point if you don't kill
it first. 9 out of 10 Norfolk Island Pine trees die from lightning strikes
here in S. Florida.