Old 03-02-2004, 12:14 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Norfolk Island Pine

"Tuletess" wrote in message
Have planted this 6' tree in the ground & it appears to be doing well by

the
side of my house in shade. In a recent storm, it blew over, but did not

snap
off. Qestion: can I cut the tree back a few feet & expect it to put out

new
growth, or will this kill it? It's possible that I can stake it to the

nearby
fence.

Thanks!

You planted a Norfolk Island Pine next to your house! These grow to over
100 ft tall in good conditions. If it gets half that size the roots will
wreck your foundations and any branches that fall (which is quite likely
over a period of years) will wreck your roof. Not to mention the constant
stream of pine needles and pinecones that will cover your roof and fill your
drainage.

I suggest moving it while it is small.

David