Old 02-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default New build house - garden waterlogging

The message
from Janet Baraclough .. contains
these words:

BT's fault service asked me if it was reachable by boat, when I rang
them last week :-). But seriously, the OP *may* underestimate the normal
degree of waterlogging to be expected locally, especially if they have
moved here from some arid unnatural place like SE England.

Oy! I represent that remark!

It won't help
a genuine case with the developer or contractor, to complain "our garden
is so wet this winter we can't use it or work in it", if she's somewhere
like Fort William and they can justifiably reply "That's perfectly
normal for these parts". My garden is also waterlogged, unusable and
unworkable atm..everyone's is round here, and my last (hillside with
peat)garden on the mainland will be a whole lot worse.

However, having lived for differing periods in Perthshire, Angus, in the
Monadhliaths and on the Isle of Lewis I do understand the meaning of
water in all its forms. I have seen quite a lot of it.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/