Old 04-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Andy Hall

Default New build house - garden waterlogging

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:19:58 -0000, "KD"
wrote:

"Sarah P" munged @ nospam.net wrote in message
Hi all,
Apologies for the X-post but the d.i.y guys always seem to know what's
going on with regard to 'building' regs but the real domain of the

question
is my 'garden'. Basically, I've bought a new house up in Scotland and the
garden is a bit of a nightmare. The slightest amount of rain results in
pools of standing water and the newly laid turf is apparently about to

start
rotting. Now a local landscaper has said that the problem can probably be
rectified but I don't think it should be up to me to pay for this. The
landscaper also mentioned that standing water should be the developer's
consideration. How do you think I should approach this - should the
developer be sorting out the drainage or am I stuck with footing the bill
for this myself ?

Thank for any guidance,
Keith

Hi all,
Just to let you know that I received a reply from the NHBC stating that
if waterlogging was present within a 3 metre boundary from the house then
the builder was obliged to put this right - otherwise tough luck.

Keith

..... and is it? If so, do they have to fix all of it or only the
bit within 3m?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl