Old 06-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Phisherman

Default Mantis Tiller

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:23:30 -0000, "ruth todd"
wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a Mantis Tiller to make gardening a little easier,
has anyone got one of these? I would be very grateful for any comments good
or bad, that you could pass on to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ruth

I'm considering a Mantis or Honda tiller too (both have Honda
engines). There are two Mantis models, one 2-cycle (requires a
fuel-oil mix), the other 4-cycle (separate oil). I suspect the
4-cycle is not as noisy, the 2-cycle fewer moving engine parts (maybe
less repair). Any recommendations for online companies with
discounted prices? I know the Mantis comes with a free border edger,
but I'd rather have a discount. I've used my Weedeater string edger
for border cuts for years and it works exceptionally well when the
string is tilted in the vertical position while walking backward.