Old 06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Richard

Default Question:Growing seedlings in peat pots

I have been growing my seedlings using the square 2 1/4" and 3" peat
pots. They make transplanting easy and clean. The problem is that if I
am forgetful about watering them (from the top) from time to time and
their large surface area tends to dry them out quite a bit. They are
put into large plastic growing trays with a drainage hole. Can I put
them into trays without drainage and keep about a 1/2" of water in the
tray. Will the water wick up into the pots and provide adequate
moisture or would it tend to drown the seedlings.
TIA, Richard