Old 07-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Growing Chillies - Freezing seeds

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

2) seed viability declines with age, but as with most foodstuffs it
keeps fresher longer in cool temperatures. therefore storage in the
fridge is useful. In this case you keep the packet *unopened* until you
are ready to plant. Any seeds you have left over can go back into the
fridge, still in the packet, but until you are ready to plant, you'll
keep the seeds freshest by not opening the packet.

Hmmmm. I've got some (whole) scotch bonnets in the freezer - I wonder
what the chance is of any of those seeds being viable?

I'll try some anyway, and report later.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/