Old 13-02-2004, 12:28 AM
dookie

Default Gutter guards- good or bad?

i've got the arched metal screen kind and they are the absolute bomb! i
also live in a hardwood ravine, so there's a lot of junk falling on my roof
year round. this design clips on the outer gutter edge and hinges down over
the trough...super easy to install and to flip open if you do need to get
under them. which you won't very often! they do a great job of catching
pretty much everything, and yet still pass water easily, even in a downpour.
i take a leaf blower up about once a year, after it's been dry a while.
anything caught in the guards blows away, and there's so little in the
troughs that i can blow it out without even opening the guards.

fwiw,

dookie

"solvhere" wrote in message

BB wrote:
*Posting for a friend(sorry this is off-topic):
I am planning on installing the gutter guards on the side of the
house
that faces the woods. The leaves build up on that side of the house
every year. I am thinking about the ones that are sold in Home
depot(Model: #451-25)

Is the leaf-guard a permanent solution? Does any cleaning needs to
be
done after they have been installed? I know theoratically the guards
should eliminate any leaf build up in the gutter, but does that
actually
happen? Or do the leaves pile up on top of the guard needing to be
cleaned? And does the guard let the water flow into the gutters when
in
the heavy rains(like we had during the last few days)?

Thanks,
BB *

--
solvhere