Old 13-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Snooze

Default Squirrals, eating plants and bird seed

"Wendi" wrote in message
m...
Please help!!!! I just moved to Valdosta, Georgia and I planted some
bulbs and the rotten squirrals have eaten off the tops. Would pine
needles work in the planters? Also they won't leave the bird seed and
suet alone. I tried the stuff you put in the seed, didn't work. I want
the birds more than I want the squirrals and there seem to be hundreds
of them. Any advice would be great !

It is possible that more money has been spent on making a squirrel resistant
bird feeder then has been spent on mouse traps. No doubt you've heard the
saying about building a better mouse trap...

Simplest solution is to place the suet and bird feeder in a location the
squirrels can't get to easily. Such as on a metal pole located at 6ft away
from any trees or fences. Others have had luck putting chili powder in the
bird feed.

Sameer