Old 15-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Steve

Default Caterpillars Targeting Broccoli And Cauliflower?

Offbreed wrote:
Steve wrote:

once needed some new BT and could only find the kind that comes in a
shaker can to be sifted right onto the plant. For what ever reason,
that didn't work at all.

How do you get the underside of the leaves where most bugs and
catipillars like to hide?

Well, with that kind of product, I couldn't. That shouldn't matter
with a BT product. Since it doesn't kill by contact, you don't have
to get it on the hiding caterpillars. You just have to put it where
they will eat it. I was trying to kill cabbage worms and they eat a
hole right through the leaf. Coverage of the upper surface would do it.
As I said, it didn't work. Perhaps it was old, perhaps it had too
low a concentration from the beginning. Maybe enough didn't stick to
the leaves to do the job. Dipel mixed with water and sprayed on
works every time.

Steve