Old 15-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Steve

Default Spelling issues

The Ranger wrote:
Steve questioned my statement in message

Never mistake sloth for stupidity; the two are mutually exclusive.

Well, I don't understand that at all.

It's simple enough: those people that do not have English as a second (or
greater) language, post messages rife with errors (e.g. 'nad,' 'te,' 'sa,'
etc.), purport to leave spelling errors on purpose, think that a message
difficult to read is "good enough because 'everyone will get it'," or don't
care to take the few extra seconds to check their messages prior to a
worldwide distribution so that they present the best possible communication
are lazy. They enjoy being considered buffoons but they're not stupid...
That minority that will not install -- or use -- a spell-checker are stupid.

The Ranger

Well, that wasn't so simple and I still don't see why they are
"mutually exclusive".
Don't worry about it. We are only prolonging this thread far past
what it deserves. Don't feel that you need to reply unless you
really want to.

Steve