Old 16-02-2004, 01:00 AM
John Savage

Default Chive pests

"jess" writes:
Quick question for anybody who can help. After moving house a few months
ago to Ferntree Gully, Vic, I've got these little black bugs all over my
garlic chives which are killing the plants. What are they and what should I
do to get rid of them? Thanx for your help.. please reply to email as i
don't check newsgroups regularly.

You are a bit short on details of the pests, so guessing I'd say aphids.
Spray with a mix of metho and water, in the ratio 1:3. If the pests
aren't dead within 30 seconds they are not aphids.