Old 16-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default Better Rabbit trap for those with rabbit problems

Belay my last. Belay the entire previous post about Rabbit trap. I
found out today that this hole in the snow did not have any rabbit, so
I cannot be sure that rabbits shelter below snow tunnelling to their
hiding places.

I further went along the grounds where I had seen many rabbits in the
summer find shelter thinking that there would be tunnels in the snow
for rabbits. There were none. In the woodpiles where rabbits love to
hide had no tunnels in the snow either.

So I guess rabbits when there is huge snowdrifts they simply shelter
behind trees and are exposed in the open. Some hide underneath the
branches of spruce trees.

And they love trailers which are open underneath.

So I am back with the old proven method of baiting them with branches
of elm trees strewn near the house and with a floodlight, I shoot them
with a BB rifle. Trouble is that it takes several BBs to bring a
rabbit down. But whether the winter cold may require just one BB, I do
not know. I have Prunus tomentosa, or bush cherries and they really do
an awful number on bush cherries.

One thing good about rabbits is that if in the future, all meats are
not good to eat due to various reasons, or whether we have another
Great Depression. Those that can stomach to eating rabbit will not
starve.

Archimedes Plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies