Old 16-02-2004, 04:02 PM
madgardener

Default spring fever

"griffon" wrote in message
I really should not look at catalogs or sites that offer not to charge
my card until shipping season and which give you special offers for
ordering early.

At least I will finally have some Cyclamen in my garden. Namely:
coum, cilicium, and hederifolium which I bought quite a few of since
it was the only one I was certain about. I also bought three
varieties of lilies, which I am not understanding at the moment since
traditionally I am as far from being a lily fan as possible. Some
crocosmia, some oxalis, zephyranthus, lycoris... oh well. I keep
looking at other stuff too. I am already planning to be home two days
this week because it will be in the upper fifties and I want to move
some shrubs and things while they are still sleeping. I finally saw
some crocus greenery peeking above the mulch today, that made me quite
happy. I am anxious for something to bloom.

yep, that sounds like spring fever all right. It could be more serious
symptoms of perennial disease or garden obsessive impulsive syndrome. I
myself am still looking for a good twelve step program for my sticky pot
disease. It applies to catalogs too..........Now.....which crocosmia did
you order? What kind of oxalis? Which color rain lilies? White, pink or
yellow? As for the lilies, just remember to plant their feet in the shade
and their heads in the sun. You'll love them once they flower for you. I
adore mine and always want more of their sentinal presences jutting out of
my fairy gardens.

You have crocus leaves poking out of your mulch? What zone are you in?
(this is important in regards to hardiness of the Zepheranthes) I have
snowdrops myself and some of the older narcissus not only have leaves but
have little pointy headed buds tucked tight against the leaves too. Yes,
Spring is on her way. I have already started the spring clean-up of my
gardens way too soon. I have green spikes scattered all thru my beds from
the irises new leaves, and my Hellebore are shoving fists of burgandy green
wrapped buds from between the new leaf shoots that will replace last years
protective patrons. Once the new leaves have estabilished themselves I will
cut them off to make room for the newer ones to shelter the buds.

You deffinately have the disease Griphon. But what a wonderful disease it
is g

Keep us posted on your gardens, it's always nice to hear about someones
endeavors of happiness.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36