Old 17-02-2004, 01:52 PM
shazzbat

Default Grass fly-tipper hit hard in pocket

DUMPING grass in a field led to a man getting a criminal record and a
£600 bill.

Brian Angel, of Woodland Drive, Kettering, pleaded guilty to
fly-tipping on land off the A428 near Turvey on April 18, 2003. Mr
Angel was accused of emptying a wheely bin full of grass and hedge
cuttings on to land at Moat Farm.
SNIP

He said: "Mr Angel was travelling with his two sons to his
sisters in Marston Moretaine to deliver Easter eggs. He pulled into a
lay by on the A428 so that his two-year-old son could go to the
lavatory. There is no suggestion that the act was premeditated."

So let me get this straight. This guy was driving to his sisters with his
two sons in the car to deliver Easter eggs and just happened to have a
wheely bin full of green waste in the car?

*A WHEELY BIN* ?

And the magistrates swallowed this?

Have I slipped into a parallel universe or something?

Steve