Old 18-02-2004, 04:36 AM
Mac

Default Spelling issues

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:07:37 +0000, Sherwin Dubren wrote:

[top post moved below where it belongs]

jack wrote:

On 2/9/2004 12:26 AM, Sherwin Dubren wrote:
Hi,
I have noticed on this forum, and others as well, that some people
have
lots of problems with spelling. Sure we can figure out generally what
the
intent of the message is, but it's still annoying to see so many
spelling
mistakes. Most browsers have a 'spell-checker', which will quickly
identify and correct spelling errors. Maybe some people are not even
aware that they are making all these errors, but they can find out real
quick if they run a spell check on their next posting. I'm not trying
split hairs, but just want to see the forum be understandable and look
more professional.

Sherwin D.

Well, eye used spell check on this and I think its fare to say awl
is well. Bare in mind, eye think know spell checker corrects every
mistake. Many words have duel spellings and or meanings and some
times its hard to illicit what won is trying to say. Relying on
spell checker could bee you're wurst vise. Sleigh the temptation of
laziness. Spell checker may seam a good thing, butt sum day it mite
make a fool of ewe.

--jack

[top post moved from above to here]

Well Jack,
I was just waiting for some wise ass to show how clever they were, and
so you didn't disappoint me. By the way, I can't find any setting in
Netscape that adjusts the line length.

Sherwin D.

Please don't top-post. It makes it much harder to follow the conversation,
and is considered rude on usenet.

Also, I'm serious. Until you can fix the way your lines break, you have
absolutely no business criticizing anyone's spelling. It is far more
difficult to follow your postings than those with even a large number of
misspellings -- particularly phonetic mispellings. If you are too dim-witted
or unresourceful to solve the problem with Netscape, then try another news
reader. I see lots of posts from Netscape users which are not butchered
the way yours are, so I know it is possible to fix the problem.

Mac