Old 18-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Spelling issues

In article ,
says...
Use Netscape or Mozilla and you'll avoid a lot of the virii
which target Windows machines.

Go whole hog to Linux and laugh at virii :-).

Well, you may be safe from all the Internet Explorer and Outlook exploits,
but unsecured linux boxes are pretty commonly compromised, too. I used to
be responsible for a firewall at work, and almost everytime someone
port-scanned us or tried to connect to various non-existant services, the
source was a totally unsecured Red Hat 5.x or 6.x system.

Ah, but I'm a senior with a limited income, living on a @!#$%!
dial-up line :-).

I ran Linux for a while (Slackware, kernel 0.97 at first, IIRC),
but switched to windows for various compatability reasons. Now
that I'm retired, I'm planning to switch back when I get a round
tuit :-). I have an older version of TurboLinux on my drive,
but never really liked the way it was set up. I liked Slackware
and will probably grab the latest of that distribution when I do
switch.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?