Old 18-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Shiva

Default Squirrals, eating plants and bird seed

Snooze wrote:

It is possible that more money has been spent on making a squirrel resistant
bird feeder then has been spent on mouse traps. No doubt you've heard the
saying about building a better mouse trap...

Simplest solution is to place the suet and bird feeder in a location the
squirrels can't get to easily. Such as on a metal pole located at 6ft away
from any trees or fences. Others have had luck putting chili powder in the
bird feed.

Sameer

Another great way: put out squirrel feeders and keep them full. No, I do not have more squirrels
than I did before I started this! I do notice that they leave my bulbs and bird feeders alone.