Old 21-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Ray

Default Rhynchostylis gigantea

Cut-and-pasted from www.orchidspecies.com:

This species occurs on the Indochinese peninsula as a medium sized,
monopodial, warm to hot growing, vandanaceous epiphyte with a stout stem
carrying imbricating at the base, linear, very thick, channeled, acute lobed
apically leaves. The axillary, arcuate, to 15" [37 cm] long, racemose,
densely many flowered inflorescence, which appear in autumn and winter, have
sweetly fragrant blooms that last for about two weeks. They need ample
bright light and even watering and fertilizer through out the year.

"samaki" wrote in message
Hi everyone !

I am thinking about purchasing Rhynchostylis gigantea, but I am not sure

if
it will thrive in my conditions (hot in the summer, cold-medium in

winter).
Is it true that it requiers hot and humid conditions ?

thanks
Martha