Old 22-02-2004, 05:46 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Ciment Fondu

Folks,
Since there seemed to be a bit of interest in making ciment fondue slabs I
posted some pics on the main gallery of slabs/mountains/scoops I made
several years ago along with some tried&true methods ( which I covered well
in my previous post). These were all made with LeFarge Ciment Fondue mix.
They are VERY sturdy. If you are thinking about giving it a try take a look
at some of the types of things I used to make and sell.
Now....I've moved on to ceramics :)
Regards,
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

LaFarge Ciment Fondue should be allowed to slowly cure to avoid cracking

and thereby ensure the slab's ability to endure extreme heat and cold. I
recommend spraying the slab during the first day of curing.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++