Old 23-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Bob Walsh

Default Rhynchostylis gigantea

Mine, which I bought in Sept. of 2002, bloomed in Jan 2004. I don't think it
grew much after I bought it.
Leaf span is uneven, about 7" or 8" on one side and up to 10" on the other.

Bob

"TU" wrote in message
om...
What is the size of a flowering size Rhynchostylis gigantea, e.g.
what's the leave span from tip to tip ?
I have some small plants for a couple of years now, and by the rate
they're growing it'll be a long time before they flower.

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message

Martha: Hot summer is no problem; winter cold might be depending on

your
definition of cold-medium. We find they do best kept at 50F or warmer.
Several years ago, I had a small batch which all survived an accidental
night in the mid-30s, but they complained about for quite some time
afterward.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

"samaki" wrote in message
Hi everyone !

I am thinking about purchasing Rhynchostylis gigantea, but I am not

sure
if
it will thrive in my conditions (hot in the summer, cold-medium in

winter).
Is it true that it requiers hot and humid conditions ?

thanks
Martha