Old 25-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Sarah

Default grubs

That's big for a vine weevil. But there are other white grubs -
chafer??? - also baddies. Have they any legs?

My golden rule in the garden is: If it moves quickly it is almost
certainly a predator and thus welcome; if it undulates or wriggles
(except for garden worms) it is almost certainly a pest and is fed to
the chickens.

ok, got it, its a baddie. I did squish it and leave it for any passing birds
so that was ok.
But i am a bit worried i have an infestation. It is a new allotment and have
no idea how bad these grubs might be.
How long vine weevil grubs get to be? Even with my poor sense of space i can
confidently say this was much longer than 6mm.
What is a chafer? And is there anything i can do about these grubs?