Old 25-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Anonymous

Default Spelling issues

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:09:14 -0800, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Ah, but I'm a senior with a limited income, living on a @!#$%! dial-up
line :-).

I ran Linux for a while (Slackware, kernel 0.97 at first, IIRC), but
switched to windows for various compatability reasons. Now that I'm
retired, I'm planning to switch back when I get a round tuit :-). I
have an older version of TurboLinux on my drive, but never really liked
the way it was set up. I liked Slackware and will probably grab the
latest of that distribution when I do switch.

Larry, you are a PRIME candidate for Fedora. I got on the Linux bus at RH
5.2 and off the Windows pedicab at Win '98. While I would recommend
Lycoris for people who have never used Linux before, Fedora is probably
right up your alley.

It does my heart good to see that people on this newsgroup are at least
aware of the possibility of using Linux. I've been using it exclusively
for years and I've long awaited the day when I would see Linux discussed
on a non-computer-centric forum such as this. Well, it's finally arrived.

My wife, a total non-geek, loves Linux. We both use Windows when
absolutely necessary (we have ONE 'holdout' program that we rely on that
keeps Win98 loaded on one desktop and dual-booted on the laptop), so it
isn't that we hate Windows with any sort of religious fervor, it's just
that Linux works much better for us than Windows ever did ... and for a
small fraction of the expense.

I wish you happy gardening AND happy computing,

Chugga

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)