Old 08-02-2003, 01:30 AM
K Barrett

Default orchid name lookup

OK Its spelled Phillipe de Biase - according to Wildcatt BUT!! Don't
necessarily go out and change your tag. The folks at Wildcatt often have
sloppy typing especially where double letters are concerned. You spelling
could be correct. The RHS database would have the correct spelling, as would
Sanders. Anyhoo the parentage is Reichentea x Golden Pride and the species
make up is 50% fasciata 25% amboinensis 25% gigantea

venosa is a species

Tropic Red is speciosa x Sulaceous 50% speciosa, 25% sumatrana 25% violacea

I'll let you do the math on the percentages for your hybrid LOL!!!

K Barrett

"rick" spam_be_gone wrote in message
hi all:

Where can I find out the parentage of a particular hybrid. I have a Phal.
(Philip De Biase X Venosa) 'A&F' X Phal. Tropic Red 'CO".
I was wondering if it had Phal amboinensis as one of its grandparents and
if it had been registered under some name.

Rick