Old 01-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Karen Rodgers

Default Low Voltage Lighting in Landscape questions

I recently did a project like this and bought the stuff at Expo Center - the
high end division of Home Depot. A motion sensor switches the lights on so
they are not on all night. My electrician did the job, no big deal.

The one thing to do differently would be to get sturdier units. After a fall
of kids running around them, then a New England winter, a couple of the
units got a little bent up. Buy a STURDY set, not the cheap white metal
kind.

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm redoing the the front lawn. Would like to add limited low voltage
lighting beside the walkways. What brands do you suggest? What brands do
you NOT suggest? Have you installed it yourself? What would you do
differently? What should I watch out for during design or installation?
Thanks for the guidance.